Hand and wrist pain can be difficult to manage because we use our hands for virtually everything. You might not recognize how important hand and wrist health is until it starts to deteriorate and it begins to limit the things you are able to do! Because of the increased dexterity in your fingers, there are more individually moving parts, and things that move are prone to wear over time. That’s why arthritis is so prevalent in your hands and wrists.
Regenerative Medicine is an evolving field of medicine with a lot of research and promising outcomes. Thousands of studies have been published to establish its validity when it comes to certain chronic conditions, including hand and wrist pain. Dr. Roshni Patel is an expert in the field of regenerative medicine and hand and wrist pain therapy. Below is a checklist you can ask yourself to see if treatment could be for you:
- Are you experiencing hand and wrist pain?
- Has the pain lasted for more than three months?
- is it affecting your quality of life?
- Are you looking for an alternative to steroid injection?
- Did Physical therapy fail to resolve hand and wrist pain?
- Are you looking for an alternative to surgical procedures?
- Are you looking for minimal downtime and long term pain relief?
If the answer to all the above questions is yes, then you should consider Regenerative Injection Therapy to treat painful hand and wrist conditions. PRP is proving to be an effective therapeutic option for hand and wrist pain, by addressing the source of pain rather than only the symptoms.
Hand and Wrist Pain Causes and Symptoms
Our hands are what we use to interact with the world, and are also our first line of defense in dangerous situations. We often subject our hands and wrists to traumatic force when we fall or serious overuse if you have a job requiring you to constantly work with your hands. Below is a list of other very common hand and wrist conditions:
Hand and Wrist Osteoarthritis: This is age-related wear and tear that happens to the joints in the hand and wrist over time. The cartilage wears down from the constant movement and you experience chronic pain and stiffness.
Triangular Fibrocartilage Complex: TFCC is a small piece of cartilage on the outside of the wrist joint that supports the other, smaller bones in the hand and wrist. Blunt trauma can cause persistent aches while deterioration can lead to chronic pain.
Tendon Tears: The severity of tendon strains and tears will determine how painful and disabling the injury is. Tears are usually accompanied by an audible ‘pop’ and some swelling.
What To Do About Hand and Wrist Pain
Treating hand and wrist pain early can make a big difference down the road. Improper treatment now only means more pain later, so if you can offset the damage of conditions like arthritis early on, you will have better functionality of your hands later in life.
Regenerative injection therapy is a cutting edge breakthrough treatment offered by Dr. Roshni Patel to Treat conditions such as hand and wrist osteoarthritis, TFCC, tears, and other painful degenerative hand and wrist conditions.
Platelet-Rich Plasma Therapy
PRP uses patients own growth factor to heal and regenerate the problem areas by improving blood supply and triggering a healing cascade to proliferate and remodel the tendons and ligament to heal chronic pain
- Post injection the patient will experience 1-2 weeks of inflammation which is our goal so the body can trigger the healing process.
- At 2-8 weeks the area undergoes proliferation, which is like saying ‘the construction has started’ where activated fibroblasts are recruited to begin the formation of new blood vessels and provisional matrix
- And beyond six weeks is the remodeling phase during which the type 3 collagen will be replaced with type 1 collagen, essentially restoring the tissue to healthy function.
Platelet-rich plasma injection therapy makes it possible to heal painful musculoskeletal pain and injuries using the patient’s own blood.
You Don’t Have To Suffer Wrist and Hand Pain
You want to keep your hands and wrist in good health so you can continue to use them every day without the worry of pain or stiffness! Schedule a consultation with Dr. Roshni Patel and find relief for your pain!