You might be experiencing knee pain for a range of reasons. There might be an obvious cause like a fall or a twisting action that immediately triggers a sharp pain, or the cause could be unknown because the pain has gradually gotten worse. Our knees are constantly under pressure, even more so when running, weight lifting, or other strenuous activities. Maintaining the health of the knee joint is so important for your quality of life, especially as you get older. You want to be able to live life, free of disabling pain, and not sit out on the best moments in life.
Regenerative Medicine for Knee Pain
Regenerative Medicine is an evolving field of medicine with a lot of research and promising outcomes. Thousands of studies have been published to establish its validity when it comes to certain chronic conditions, including knee pain. Dr. Roshni Patel is an expert in the field of regenerative medicine and knee pain therapy. Below is a checklist you can ask yourself to see if treatment could be for you:
- Are you experiencing knee pain?
- Has the pain lasted for more than three months?
- is it affecting your quality of life?
- Are you looking for an alternative to steroid injection?
- Did Physical therapy fail to resolve knee pain?
- Are you looking for an alternative to surgical procedures?
- Are you looking for minimal downtime & long term pain relief?
If the answer to all the above questions is yes, then you should consider Regenerative Injection Therapy to treat painful knee conditions.
Dr. Patel, with over 12+ years of Pain Management experience, has expert knowledge in regenerative medicine and is able to offer the best possible outcomes to patients looking for an alternative to surgical treatment.
The Causes and Symptoms of Knee Pain
Age /wear and tear: The joints in the body gradually begin to degrade as we age, the discs weaken, ligaments become more susceptible to strain, it’s natural but also treatable.
Tendonitis: This is a general soreness and aches associated with overuse and unusual kinds of strain. Ignoring this pain could lead to further ligament or tendon damage.
Torn ACL: You heard a loud ‘pop’ or cracking sound followed by very intense pain. A torn ACL is a serious injury that would likely make you stop immediately.
Osteoarthritis/ Damaged cartilage: This can occur over time from constant stress, overuse, or poor disc joint health which allows the cartilage to wear down and bone on bone contact. This is a persistent and chronic source of pain that will not go away unless treated.
What To Do About Knee Pain
While Knee Arthroscopy is a minimally invasive surgical option offered for knee pain and PRP is a minimally invasive non-surgical option with minimal downtime and should be considered prior to any surgical option for pain relief. Regenerative injection therapy is a cutting edge breakthrough treatment offered by Dr. Roshni Patel to treat knee pain, injuries, and degradation.
Platelet-Rich Plasma Therapy
PRP uses patients own growth factor to heal and regenerate the problem areas by improving blood supply and triggering a healing cascade to proliferate and remodel the tendons and ligament to heal chronic pain
- Post injection the patient will experience 1-2 weeks of inflammation which is our goal so the body can trigger the healing process.
- At 2-8 weeks the area undergoes proliferation, which is like saying ‘the construction has started’ where activated fibroblasts are recruited to begin the formation of new blood vessels and provisional matrix
- And beyond six weeks is the remodeling phase during which the type 3 collagen will be replaced with type 1 collagen, essentially restoring the tissue to healthy function.
Platelet-rich plasma injection therapy makes it possible to heal painful musculoskeletal pain and injuries using the patient’s own blood.
Find Relief For Your Knee Pain With Regenerative Medicine
You don’t have to suffer from knee pain when there are sustainable options available. To schedule a consultation with Dr. Roshni Patel, please contact us today to get more information about what treatment options are the right option for you!